Cygnet North East has recently been successful in acheiving registration with CQC and are now in the position to launch their new care service. This will complement the existing services that we offer for people with disabilities in the North East.
We are looking for care and support workers to help us to establish the new service and provide high quality, consistent care to our clients.
Hours: To be agreed. Guaranteed hours will be offered to reliable, dedicated staff after a probationary period.
Location: Community based in North Tyneside, Newcastle and Northumberland (travel expenses provided)
Responsible to: Head of Care and Support Services
Job Purpose: To enable clients with disabilities and health conditions, particularly Brain Injury and neurological conditions to lead healthier, safer and more fulfilling lives
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To follow the clients’ care and support plans
- To assist clients in maintaining their personal care and hygiene
- Helping clients to prepare food, eat and drink
- Accompanying clients to appointments and activities
- Supporting clients to access public transport
- Carrying out telephone “check-in” contact with clients
- Accompanying clients on short breaks and holidays
- Sleep-ins at clients’ homes
- Assisting clients with medication in accordance with care plans
- Participate in training as required
- Liaising and cooperating with colleagues and attending team meetings
- Helping to maintain health and safety
- Respecting client confidentiality
- Acting at all times in accordance with Cygnet North East Care’s policies and procedures
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter (outlining how you meet the person specification) to John@cygnetnortheast.com
This post is subject to ongoing recruitment and you can apply at any time.